"How are you feeling?"
Restless.
I feel like I should constantly be moving and shaking. Since my last post, a lot has happened. I was assigned a resident advisor position for next school year, accepted a summer internship at the United States Department of Agriculture, declared my major, got a boyfriend and broken up with him, and pierced my upper earlobes. All of these life-altering events, plus a few others I have probably forgotten, have left me with this idea that life as I understand it is transitioning. It's like seeing the wave build up in the distance, but having no way to prepare for it crashing into the shore.
Maybe a part of it is anxiety, or possibly me finally saying "enough" and trying to embrace opportunities while they are available, but I am feeling this constant need to experience life. My family for as long as I can remember every new year comes up with a different word to categorized their prayers for that year. This is the first time I decided to come up with my own word, separate from my family. I chose the word experience.
Experience
noun ex·pe·ri·ence \ ik-ˈspir-ē-ən(t)s
Something personally encountered, undergone, or lived through
It isn't even halfway through 2018 and I have already experienced more of life than I have ever. I've met amazing people, had someone who I was romantic with, stepped way outside my comfort zone, and all the while making sure I take in every moment of it. My restlessness is not inherently a bad thing. My newfound impulsiveness has allowed me to re-embrace my "screw it" personality that I had before adulthood came around.
So, here's to restlessness. Here's to anxiety and impulsion. Here's to the new experiences of this next stage of my journey, and all of the foreign feelings it will bring. Here's to life.
Restless.
I feel like I should constantly be moving and shaking. Since my last post, a lot has happened. I was assigned a resident advisor position for next school year, accepted a summer internship at the United States Department of Agriculture, declared my major, got a boyfriend and broken up with him, and pierced my upper earlobes. All of these life-altering events, plus a few others I have probably forgotten, have left me with this idea that life as I understand it is transitioning. It's like seeing the wave build up in the distance, but having no way to prepare for it crashing into the shore.
Maybe a part of it is anxiety, or possibly me finally saying "enough" and trying to embrace opportunities while they are available, but I am feeling this constant need to experience life. My family for as long as I can remember every new year comes up with a different word to categorized their prayers for that year. This is the first time I decided to come up with my own word, separate from my family. I chose the word experience.
Experience
noun ex·pe·ri·ence \ ik-ˈspir-ē-ən(t)s
Something personally encountered, undergone, or lived through
It isn't even halfway through 2018 and I have already experienced more of life than I have ever. I've met amazing people, had someone who I was romantic with, stepped way outside my comfort zone, and all the while making sure I take in every moment of it. My restlessness is not inherently a bad thing. My newfound impulsiveness has allowed me to re-embrace my "screw it" personality that I had before adulthood came around.
So, here's to restlessness. Here's to anxiety and impulsion. Here's to the new experiences of this next stage of my journey, and all of the foreign feelings it will bring. Here's to life.
Comments
Post a Comment