Ever since I announced my move to Nebraska, people have been commenting on how brave they think that I am. How proud they are of me that I was willing to relocate 1500 miles for a job in which I knew nobody.
Well, I'm here to tell you that I am in no way what I would consider brave. Impulsive, maybe. Spontaneous, absolutely. Brave, not so much. The truth is, I don't overthink the big stuff. I worry about what random people in the checkout line think of my appearance. I stress over how I come across to others. I am constantly concerned that I am an imposter and the work I do is not good enough. When I see a group of people giggling, I either feel extremely lonely or have to talk myself out of the thought that they are laughing at me.
I don't consider myself brave. I just do the things I need to do to move forward with my life. And if that means doing crazy things than so be it.
Bravery is in the eye of the observer, I guess.
Well, I'm here to tell you that I am in no way what I would consider brave. Impulsive, maybe. Spontaneous, absolutely. Brave, not so much. The truth is, I don't overthink the big stuff. I worry about what random people in the checkout line think of my appearance. I stress over how I come across to others. I am constantly concerned that I am an imposter and the work I do is not good enough. When I see a group of people giggling, I either feel extremely lonely or have to talk myself out of the thought that they are laughing at me.
I don't consider myself brave. I just do the things I need to do to move forward with my life. And if that means doing crazy things than so be it.
Bravery is in the eye of the observer, I guess.
Comments
Post a Comment